Graduate Certificate in Forensic Drug Chemistry
The University of Florida’s online Graduate Certificate in Forensic Drug Chemistry is comprised of five 3-credit courses and has been designed to meet the needs of today’s working professionals. This program, which is provided by the University of Florida’s College of Pharmacy, is structured to provide students with a strong foundation in analytical techniques, drug pharmacology, forensic drug chemistry, expert testimony, QA/QC procedures, and drug synthesis. This program may be of interest to those currently working or seeking employment in the following areas:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Military services
- Pharmaceutical industry
Upon completion of the 15-credit graduate certificate program, students will receive a University of Florida Graduate Certificate in Forensic Drug Chemistry. This certificate program is open to appropriately qualified local, national, and international students. Learn about the faculty for this program.
The program is novel in featuring modules in forensic pharmacology, drug synthesis, expert testimony, and QA/QC procedures.
Graduate Certificate in Forensic Drug Chemistry - Course Overview
|Course #||Course Title||Credits||Spring||Summer||Fall|
|VME 6613||Forensic Toxicology I||3||x||x|
|VME 6766||Laboratory QA/QC||3||x||x||x|
|PHA 6840||Medicinal Chemistry of Drugs of Abuse||3||x||x|
|PHA 6417||Pharmaceutical Analysis 2||3||x||x|
|PHA 6471||Synthetic Medicinal Chemistry||3||x||x|
Course Syllabus Catalog
The general course policies and the most recent course syllabus catalog are available as a PDF for download here.
Students taking UF Forensic Science courses will also be granted online access to UF's Health Center Libraries.
Graduate Certificate Minimum Requirements: For All (Domestic and International) Applicants
- A baccalaureate degree in a natural science subject from an accredited institution
- An upper-division GPA of 2.0 (C grade) or better.
- To calculate what your upper-division GPA is, please use the Upper Division GPA Worksheet.
Additional Graduate Certificate Minimum Requirements: For International Students Only
- The English language skill requirements for admission
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School's list of English speaking countries.
- To be admitted to a graduate certificate program, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
TOEFL Exam Type Required Score Paper-based 550 Computer-based 213 Internet 80