NOTE: While the non-degree application states that non-degree applications are not being accepted for fall and spring terms (for in-person campus courses), this is not the case for the special programs, such as the online forensic science programs. Please disregard this statement on the non-degree application.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The nondegree application is best viewed in the latest version Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome. If you are having issues, please call us at 352-578-3052.
Nondegree General Information
This option is available for students who would like to experience graduate-level classes while making a decision to pursue either a graduate certificate or a master’s degree, or who would like to broaden their knowledge base of forensic science to enhance their professional development. If a student registers for three credits during a particular term as a non-degree seeking student and wishes to attend another term for three credits, a new non-degree application is required each term. The non-degree application only pertains to the term in which it is submitted.
For the non-degree seeking student, grades will be given and held on a transcript, but will not be counted toward a degree, including the graduate certificate, at the University of Florida until full admission is granted. At that time, up to six credits accumulated in this status—where the student earned a "B" grade or better and the course(s) taken count toward the program in which they were accepted—will be petitioned to count toward the graduate certificate or M.S. program the student was accepted into.
Enrollment in a course as a non-degree seeking student does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Students need to meet the entrance requirements for the program they wish to enter.
Non-Degree Minimum Requirements
For All (Domestic and International) Applicants
- 1. A baccalaureate degree in a natural science subject from an accredited institution. If your bachelor's degree is not in a natural science subject, please email Professor Nancy Toffolo at email@example.com.
- An upper-division GPA of 2.0 (C grade) or better
- To calculate what your upper-division GPA is, please use the Upper Division GPA Worksheet.
Additional Non-Degree Minimum Requirements: For International Students Only
- The English language skill requirements for admission
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which arenot included in the Graduate School's list of English speaking countries.
- To be admitted as a non-degree seeking student, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
TOEFL Exam Type Required Score Paper-based 550 Computer-based 213 Internet 80
- A maximum of six credits can be taken as a nondegree seeking student.
- A student who is already admitted to the University of Florida needs to contact us before an application is submitted.