Master's Degree General Information
- The M.S. in Forensic Toxicology is administered through UF’s College of Veterinary Medicine. Upon successful completion of this program, students will receive a diploma stating:
- Master of Science in Veterinary Medical Sciences issued by the Graduate School of the University of Florida
- The transcripts will read Master of Science in Veterinary Medical Sciences with a concentration in Forensic Toxicology.
- The M.S. programs in Forensic Drug Chemistry, Forensic DNA & Serology, and Forensic Science are administered through UF’s College of Pharmacy. Upon successful completion of these programs, students will receive a diploma stating:
- Master of Science in Pharmacy with a major in Pharmaceutical Sciences issued by the Graduate School of the University of Florida
- The transcripts will read Master of Science in Pharmacy major Pharmaceutical Sciences with concentration in Forensic Drug Chemistry, Forensic DNA & Serology, or Forensic Science.
Current UF students enrolled in other programs and former UF Graduate students should contact email@example.com
Master’s Degree Minimum Requirements: For All (Domestic and International) Applicants
- A baccalaureate degree in a science subject from a regionally accredited institution. If your bachelor's degree is not in a natural science subject, please email Professor Nancy Toffolo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An upper-division GPA of 3.0 or higher. To calculate what your upper-division GPA is, please use the Upper Division GPA Worksheet.
- The GRE, Graduate Record Examinations, is required. To be competitive, students should have scores as shown below (taking into account which version of the GRE exam you took).
*An exemption for the GRE may be granted if you have earned a previous graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. If you have a graduate or professional degree from an international institution, you must take and submit GRE scores. There is no exception.
Exam Section New GRE Scores (after Aug. 2011) Verbal 153 Quantitative 144
Once you've taken the exam, the scores take six weeks to get to the Admissions office. Please take this into account when you schedule your exam. Visit the GRE website to sign up to take the GRE.
Additional Master's Degree Minimum Requirements: For International Applicants Only
- The English language skill requirements for admission
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School's list of English speaking countries.
- To be admitted to a Master's Degree program, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
TOEFL Exam Type Required Score Paper-based 550 Computer-based 213 Internet 80
Master's Degree Transfer of Credits
A maximum of 15 transfer credits are allowed to count toward a MS degree. These can include no more than 9 credits from institutions approved by UF, with the balance obtained from non-degree and/or certificate courses at the University of Florida. These courses must be graduate level (5000-7999) and earned with a grade of B or better. The course(s) cannot have been taken longer than seven years from the term you begin as a MS student.
To have credits reviewed for transfer from another university, please email email@example.com the following information:
- The name of your previous institution
- The course name/number from your previous institution
- The term/year the course was completed
- The course in our program for which you think the credits will satisfy
- A copy of your transcripts (unofficial is fine); or a notification that we already have them on file
- A syllabus for the course that you would like to transfer from
We will forward the request to the Supervisory Committee for your major who will then make a decision.